Thursday, May 6, 2004

Mother's Day

I am full of so many mixed feelings as this Mother's Day approaches. I miss Max more and more each day. And yet I feel so incredibly honored and blessed that I was chosen to be his mom for the brief time he spent on this earth.

Every day I think about how lucky I am to have Grace. (Even when she is driving me insane!) We are so fortunate that she was spared the health problems her brother endured. Like her brother, Grace was born prematurely, but she spent no time in the NICU. We are so blessed that she only carries Hurler and is not affected by it.

This Mother's Day I am also grateful that I wais able to meet so many wonderful mothers this year. All mothers work hard, but no one works harder than the mothers of children with chronic or terminal illness. How blessed am I that I have come to know such strong, loving and amazing moms! You are all such inspirations. I thank you for the example you set, and the friendship you have offered.

Happy Mother's Day!

-Margaret

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home